27 January 2009

...beyond this there be dragons!

I have been skeptical of Blogging until recently.  I could never understand why anyone would want my humble opinion on anything (not that I don't make it freely available).  Two days ago a  friend told me how a major media company approached him to write a blog for them.  I asked if there was any money in it and he told me that there was a little to start, but that media companies are seeing blogging as a fresher and more interactive form of journalism.  That print journalism has become stagnant and lifeless from its incarceration to editorial rules and standards.  In a manner of speaking, blogging is the literary equivalent of reality television.  It seeks out personages with the most unique personalities and gives them the freedom to act (even foolishly), with the all important phrase, "The views expressed are not necessarily shared by the corporation, ...beyond this there be dragons!"

I plan to have this blog center on medicine & lessons I've learned in medical school as well as Christianity, nature and other general musings.   So we'll see how this goes and if anyone is interested in what one mediocre medical student thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment